cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Backups failing 10.5.2 12901-1

Joe Price
Level 1
Level 1

Unity Connection backups keep failing with the following error.

ERROR: Backup failed due to an interruption during file copy to backup media, Backup Completed...     

When I look in the backup folder all of the files are present except the xml file.  I'm using freeFTPD for my SFTP server.  My CUCM and UCCX backups are working off the same SFTP server and they complete fine.  

This is a fresh install and backups were working fine.  Nothing has changed.

Thoughts anyone?

3 Replies 3

Wilson Samuel
Level 7
Level 7

freeFTPD is bit notorious with Cisco products in my experience. These are the things I would want to check in order to isolate the issue:

1. Check if there are multiple instances of FreeFTPD running (along with the one you configured) and if that is the case, close down all instances of the FreeFTPD and start the one which was configured correctly.

2. Older versions of the FreeFTPD has had a limit of 1 Gig data transfer, ensure that you are using the latest ones.

3. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, try CoreFTP Server, it is very light and bit cumbersome to configure (for the first time users) but I have never had any issue with them.

HTH

I was able to correct the issue by creating a new folder and pointing the backup to that folder.  Backup competed successfully and it was able to create the tar file.  

ealtun
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I using "msftpsrvr.exe", it's very small serveur sftp and i have never problem.

Have you restart the service DRS ?

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: