Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection cannot access VM from outside

jmhunter
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Folks,

Running Cisco Unity Connection 7.1.3.10000-68

When calling in to a mailbox from an outside line, Hitting * (asterisk) does not do anything.

I looked at a particular user, and "Call Input Keys" has the asterisk defined  to go to Sign-In.

Caller-Inpute.jpg

Not sure where else to look.  When calling into an extension, hitting any of the keys on the keypad seems to do nothing.

Any ideas where to start to look here?

Thanks,

James

18 Replies 18

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

Check the Greeting page for the active greeting that the user is

currently using and look for;

During Greeting

This setting will override the caller input config.

Cheers!

Rob

Well, that sounded good but, turned out not to be it.  This was not checked:

When you call are getting to the mail box as vm owner or redirected to leave a msg ?

Is the caller input enabled

Well, I get the vm message that the user recorded. Not sure how to determine that Caller input is enabled.

You mention from outside, I assume you mean PSTN.

Do the same test internally, if it works, then you have DTMF problems and not CUC problems.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I'll have to try this Monday, but, I do believe it does work internally. So if that is.the case, then what? I do use SIP trunks if that helps.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

Just to clarify one thing here, in your screen shot that showed that

Ignore Caller Input was not checked the greeting shows use system

default not use Personal recording. Are we sure we are looking at the right

greeting for the "tested" mailbox?

Cheers!

Rob

Hey Rob, thanks forthe response.

Now, I'm not sure I understand the question.  Here's the steps I took to get that screen shot.

Lookup a user.

once pulled up, chose Edit -> Greetings.  There are 7 choices, only two if which are checked (See screen-shot).

I clicked into the greeing called "Standard", which gives us the screen shot in third post above.  I did check all the others, and they are all the same as the posting above, at least from the "Ignore caller input" perspective.

Thanks,

James

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

I just wanted to check if the screenshot you linked was the same user you were

using to test with. This is because you mentioned hearing the users recorded

greeting but the one you linked was set for system default greeting.

Cheers!

Rob

Hey Rob,

Actually,

You have a point, although I do not know if that affects calling in or not.  All users (including the test account, IE Mine) are set with the System Default Greeting.  Could this be the issue?

Actually, here's an update.  I did set the radio button just now to "My Personal Recording" but it did not seem to make a difference.  Actually, it was still the same recording,. with the Attendant saying "Sorry, "James Hunter" is not available. Please record your message after the tone".

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

This is good...we'll focus on fixing your mailbox first and them move to the rest

On your mailbox try actually recording a personal greeting and then verify the settings

for Caller Input * - locked to Sign-In and the ignore caller input checkbox and then retest.

Cheers!

Rob

Ok, Recorded a custom greating.  Im my Greetings setup, Callers Hear - My Personal Greeting is radio'd

Caller Input Keys - *_ is Action of Send caller to, Target of Sign-In, Status Locked.

Ignore caller input - I tried both check'd and Not Check'd. This Did not make a difference.

Next?

Oh, and I did confirm earlier that if I dial internally, the options do work (*, #, 0)