Views
Helpful
Replies

unity connection - complex call greeting config

CAMERON GILLIES
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am hoping that someone may have found a solution to this. I am working on a call centre, for the agent phones we have a single voice mail box. Our requirements are:

1. for call direct to the agent extension to hear the personal greeting

2. calls from the call centre to hear only the tone before the recording starts.

Is there any way to get this done? Happy to try anything at this stage.

Thanks,

Cameron

3 Replies 3

Amine Nouasri
Level 3
Level 3

I would create a routing rule in Unity for calls coming from your call center. The forwarding station would be your CTI route point to UCCX and the action is forward calls to a shared voice mail box with no greeting configured.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks for the follow up. Unfortunatly each agent must have a dedicated voice mail box. Our our solution is to have 2 VM accounts for each agent.. but with over 3000 agents I would prefer to find a neater solution.

The closest that I can think of getting is a Call Handler per-agent w/ a different extension that has no greeting and the destination mailbox set to the user's normal mailbox. You could save yourself effort from the CCX side of things by creating a mask. For example, if the Primary Extension of user mailboxes is 2XXX perhaps the Call Handlers are 3XXX. This would let you mangle the String variable within CCX in a consistant manor vs. building out a gigantic Switch statement for each agent.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: