Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection Default User Locale

carlnewton
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Guys,

Have tried searching this but havent been able to find an answer. I'm surprised I don't see more people asking!

I have a unity connection cluster and I'd like to change the enterprise parameter "Default user locale" From English United States to English United Kingdom.

I have the relevant locale installed, but the only option for default user locale is united states.

How do I change this?

Thanks in advance!

9 Replies 9

Nadeem Ahmed
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello

Refer to this thread,might help you

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/313511

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/upgrade/guide/8xcucrug027.pdf

Br,
Nadeem 

Please rate all useful post.

Br, Nadeem Please rate all useful post.

I never found a solution to this problem. It just doesn't seem to be changeable.

please try changing it from advanced >>  general configuration >.

you can change these two behaviours 

System Default Language >> Select the default language in which system prompts are played to users and callers.

System Default TTS Language >> Select the Text to Speech (TTS) language that will be used if a TTS engine is not available for the phone language being used by a user or a call. For example, if a user is using the Arabic language, but no TTS engine is available for Arabic, the user will hear TTS in the language you select here. This is typically the same language that you selected in the System Default Language field. However, not all of the languages supported for system prompts are supported by the Text to Speech engine.

Hi Carl.

Which version of UCNx have you installed?

Have you restarted Connection Conversation Manager and Connection Mixer services?

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

carlnewton
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

The server is unlicensed at the moment, it is in build.  The version is CUCxn 10.0 but I have had this problem since probably CUCxn 8 - I always get around it by changing the language on all of the call handlers individually to UK english rather than just setting the default.

The language is installed and I can set it manully on any entity I wish to, Then I can hear the english accent when I call in; but ideally I want to change the default language so that I do not have to hard code every system item to UK english.  Here you see what I mean; The below is from the SSH and from the web admin.  You can see locales are installed but no option for anything other than US English.

admin:show version active

Active Master Version: 10.0.1.10000-24

Active Version Installed Software Options:

uc-locale-en_EX-10.0.0.1-1.cop

uc-locale-en_GB-10.0.0.1-1.cop

cucxn.jpg

Hi , any news about this? I have one CUC 11.5 and the same behaviour ( i uploaded  Portuguese language and restart cuc , but i never had that language option to choose it, only english).

Regards 

This should be configured from Unity Connection administration, under "System Settings" / "General Configuration".   What options do you see there?   

Screenshot at Jul 17 12-25-59.png

Just English

Are you offered the Portuguese locale in any of the other contexts, for example .. 

User / "Edit User Basics" / "Language"

or 

User / "Edit Message Settings" / "Language That Callers Hear"

Are you sure it installed correctly, for example from the CLI what shows up from the command "show version active"