Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection - Greeting issue after upgrade

Ayaz Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I upgraded Unity Connection from 8.6.2ES120.24901-120 to 8.6.2.25900-8.  What I noticed after the upgrade is all the custom greetings that we recorded defaulted back to Unity system greeting.

I rebooted the cluster, re-synced the DB, and re-uploaded the wav greeting.  Issue was still present.  If anyone has encountered this issue or can suggest any troubleshooting steps, please let me know.

Thanks,

AK

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The bug ID is: CSCuq63776

Symptom:
External/Internal calls do not route to a call handler. The call goes to the Opening Greeting.

Conditions:
After an upgrade to CUC 8.6(2a)SU5

Workaround:
Install ciscocm.cuc_86x_cdl3.cop.sgn COP file,
http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283819608&softwareid=282204704&release=COP-Files

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

davidstillert
Level 1
Level 1

You have hit another glorious cisco bug.  I just ran into this same issue and TAC gave me a patch to apply.   You can find it in the cop download section under unity connection.  

ciscocm.cuc_86x_cdl3.cop.sgn

Good luck.

Hi David,

Thanks for the info on the cop file.  I could not find any reference to a bug in the "new and improved" bug toolkit.

The bug ID is: CSCuq63776

Symptom:
External/Internal calls do not route to a call handler. The call goes to the Opening Greeting.

Conditions:
After an upgrade to CUC 8.6(2a)SU5

Workaround:
Install ciscocm.cuc_86x_cdl3.cop.sgn COP file,
http://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=283819608&softwareid=282204704&release=COP-Files

tomneary78
Level 1
Level 1

I ran into an issue with the same version of unity connection, and it might be what you are experiencing.  We found that after the upgrade, unity connection no longer plays the Greeting for Call Handlers when dialed directly via DID or internal dialing.  There is no issue dialing a user voicemail box.  What we did for a workaround was create a voicemail box for each of the main Call Handlers that had extensions assigned to them.  We removed the extension from the Call Handler, and assigned to the newly created voicemail box.  We then configured the voicemail box to play no greeting, and the after greeting event is to go to the Call Handler that it replaced.  Luckily this customer has some available voicemail boxes we could use for this.  I plan on calling TAC tomorrow to see what is going on.

Hey folks,

Nice find on the bug David and nice workaround from Tom! +5 each guys!

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: