cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connection integration with Ericsson PBX

Shaijala
Level 1
Level 1

We have a unity server 4.3 which is integrated with Ericsson PBX using PIMG - (MD110)

We would like to migrate existing unity to unity connection 8.6. There are 200 voice mail users in Unity.

Hence we are planning to use another integration method here. Either TIMG or QSIG-Enabled Phone System Using Cisco ISR Voice Gateways. I have few doubts on QSIG integration.

As per doc this would be the connectivity

QSIG-enabled Ericsson PBX - > T1 Connectivity - >Cisco ISR voice gateway ->Unity connection ports configured with SIP

• Can I use E1 connection between PBX and Gateway
  • Can I use 2 or more T1/E1 connection
  • I don't find any docs about physcial connectity about this - can any one provide me

Also please let me know which would be the best integration [TIMG, QSIG using GW) with unity connection

Note : I am refering below doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/integration/guide/sip-qsig_gw/cuc8xintqsig.html

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

>> Absolutely, QSIG is just the switch type on type of either T1 or E1

>> Sure

• I don't find any docs about physcial connectity about this - can any one provide me

>> Nothing different from normal PRI T1/E1 cable, most use Ethernet cable which typically works fine, unless you need crossover in which case T1/E1 is different from Ethernet cross over, where you need 1-4, 2-5 pairs crossed.

If you can do QSIG (Siemens supports it) then I would definitely do that, saves you money from buying TIMG, here is sample integration guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/pbx/interop/notes/608604nt.pdf

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

Each user is tied to a specific phone system in Unity or Unity Connection so there will not be any issues, if you decide to go with the QSIG integration you will need to adjust the PIMG users to be associated with the CUCM integration rather than the PIMG.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

>> Absolutely, QSIG is just the switch type on type of either T1 or E1

>> Sure

>> Nothing different from normal PRI T1/E1 cable, most use Ethernet cable which typically works fine, unless you need crossover in which case T1/E1 is different from Ethernet cross over, where you need 1-4, 2-5 pairs crossed.

If you can do QSIG (Siemens supports it) then I would definitely do that, saves you money from buying TIMG, here is sample integration guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/pbx/interop/notes/608604nt.pdf

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Thanks you so much and this really a wonderful reply.

One more question I have here.

Unity connection 8.6 already implemented and integrated with CUCM, the same unity connection we are planning to integrate with Ericsson. We have 200 users in Unity 4.3 server, will there be any issue  if I restore the  configuration data ( Taken using COBRA tool) in live unity connection. There are 300 users and 10 call handlers configured on unity connection.

Each user is tied to a specific phone system in Unity or Unity Connection so there will not be any issues, if you decide to go with the QSIG integration you will need to adjust the PIMG users to be associated with the CUCM integration rather than the PIMG.

HTH,

Chris