cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection message pick up and drop

AskQ2Forum_2
Level 1
Level 1

we have a cluster split between two sites.the cucm configuration directs calls to the subscriber first (via route list configuration). Is the message drop and message pickup always via the subscriber i.e if sub is in site y and pub is in site x and a user on site x leaves a vm - will the call always be handled by the sub in site Y , so message gets left to sub, transferred to pub(the primary) and then its replicated back to the sub?

customer asking why in active active mode cant the media be between the local pub in site x and a user in site x for example.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The call flow and message handling is determined by how you route the calls.  There is no reason you can't set up a setup integration on CUCM for the local site and route those calls to the Publisher first vs. the Subscriber.  In fact, I've done this before as it makes more sense to localize the call as opposed to routing across the WAN.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

Actually, yes - you can have site X calls going to one server and site Y calls going to the other.  You would control that via the VM Profile and associated settings in CUCM...hunt pilot, hunt list, line group, etc.

In terms of colocation with CUCM, there isn't really a rule.  You can separate the CUC nodes across the WAN as long as you meet the clustering requirements and then integrate/register to CUCM as needed/appropriate for your environment.

Hailey

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The call flow and message handling is determined by how you route the calls.  There is no reason you can't set up a setup integration on CUCM for the local site and route those calls to the Publisher first vs. the Subscriber.  In fact, I've done this before as it makes more sense to localize the call as opposed to routing across the WAN.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Thanks David once again for a quick response - much appreciated.

Cisco recommend voice calls initially go to sub - so its just a recomendation , no technical reason. so this way message gets picked up or dropped locally to publisher and then only replication is done across the WAN . Main thing is that its one or the other - we cant have site x calls going to pub with site y calls going to sub at the same time.

Hi

just a follow up - had a look around but could not find this so just wanted to bounce this off you guys. Does the Unity Connection publisher have to be on the same site as a CUCM publisher? I cant see anything to say that it does but just wanted 2nd opionion. So in my scenario i want to have the cucm pub in one site with the cuc subscriber at the same site and the cuc pub at another site co located with some cucm subscribers,..kind regards....Jag

Hi Jag

Your deployment should be referred to distributed messaging with centralized call processing.

You can give a look to the following doc:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab09/clb09/vmessage.html#pgfId-1087499

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Actually, yes - you can have site X calls going to one server and site Y calls going to the other.  You would control that via the VM Profile and associated settings in CUCM...hunt pilot, hunt list, line group, etc.

In terms of colocation with CUCM, there isn't really a rule.  You can separate the CUC nodes across the WAN as long as you meet the clustering requirements and then integrate/register to CUCM as needed/appropriate for your environment.

Hailey

Thank you sir, much appreciated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: