cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection OVA for UCS not reconized?

Thomas Park
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to install Unity Connection 8.0.2 on UCS B200 through OVA template.

It creates the VM fine, but when it come to install Unity Connection, there is no option for Unity Connection!

Only Call Manager and BM Business Edition is listed!

If I put in the image for 8.0.3, I see the option for Unity Connection!

Is there something wrong with my iso file?

Or do I need to edit VM setting? like more memory and extra CPU?

Is it maybe possible that I'm not seeing that Unity Connection installation option because the HW assigned to that VM through OVA

is too small to run Unity Connection VM? (I'm saying this because it only assigned 2GB of memory, 1CPU, and 160GB HDD for Unity)

too small memory? or cpu?

I think, I'll try installing with 8.0.2 DVD!

I'll let you guys know how it went.

P.S. I am trying to upgrade 8.0.2 on MCS to 8.5.1 on UCS.

So I'm trying to install 8.0.2 on VM through OVA restore the files, and upgrade to 8.5.1

That's the  proper process...right?

5 Replies 5

crougeau
Level 1
Level 1

Thomas, did you figure out this issue?  I am facing the same issue trying to int CUC 8.5 with the 500 user template.

thanks

As per this link, the configuration should be enough (1 vcpu, 2gb ram) for the version you are trying to use (8.5)

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_Virtualization_Downloads_%28including_OVA/OVF_Templates%29

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

I was using the 500 user OVA with 1 cpu, 2 GB ram and 160 GB of disk but it will not work.  I changed the ram to 4 and CPU to 2 and it now gives me the CUC option.

i d suggest get the OVA file for the 1000 user and see if the behaviour changes...thats interesting to know...

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Unity Connection also requires one physical core to remain idle for ESXi Scheduler:

HTH,

Chris