cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection "import users" lists users that already exist

Kyle DeLand
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently using Unity Connection 10.5.1 and using LDAP sync.  Everything is working fine but there's on little quirk that's been bugging me for some time now.  I've got nearly 400 users but for some reason when it comes time to create new users in AD and then import them, they appear in the import users list as they should but there are 7 other users in the list who have been working here for years.  If I go to import users without having any actual new users, those same 7 appear.  I don't want to try deleting their mailboxes and re-importing them and it's not causing any other problems aside from annoying me.

Any thoughts?

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are those 7 users LDAP integrated today? If not why not integrate them?

You can customize your import csv file and only import users you are interested in having mailbox.

Yes, they're all AD integrated.  They were all created in the same process: once their AD account is created I import them into Unity using LDAP sync.  They all have mailboxes and each of their user basics pages say "Active User Imported from LDAP Directory" at the top.

I must be missing something here as I don't follow the issue. If you have 400 users already created, what is the issue when you create additional ones?  You have couple of options for importing users from LDAP, either one by one via the import user feature, or via bulk import referencing the LDAP users you want to import. Which process are you using and what is the exact issue?

The issue is that those same 7 users always appear in my import list, even though they already exist and have active, working accounts.

and the 7 that keep appearing in the import list have the exact same subscriber alias as the unity connection subscriber accounts that are already created?

Also, your seeing all this in the LDAP import list correct? You don't have these 7 users manually created in CCM and you're actually seeing them in the AXL import list, right?

What import list? How are you importing the users, using csv file or manually?