cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

Unity Connection - Speech Connect - Voice Enabled Call Handler

Hi,

So here is my scenario...

Right now I have a Unity Call Handler that when called gives you the option to dial the extension of the party you wish to be connected to.  Outisde Parties from the PSTN have access to this call handler. I have added in a option (pressing 1) to be transferred to a Directory Handler that is voice enabled so you can speak the name of the user you wish to be transferred to.  I have added in a CTI Route Point that Call Forwards all to Voicemail to access the Voice Enabled Directory Handler.

So you have 2 ways of reaching the voice enabled diretory handler

1.  You dial the 800# from the PSTN to and hit the Call Handler and hit option 1 to get to the Voice Enabled Directory Handler.

2. Dial the CTI Route Point Internally and get right to the Voice Enabled Directory Handler.

The question I have is there a way to keep a person that dials the 800# from speaking the name of the CEO and connect to them, but still allow people who call internally?  I don't want users calling from the outside to be able to reach the CEO, but I want internal employees to be able to reach him.

Thanks,

Ryan

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Beginner

Unity Connection - Speech Connect - Voice Enabled Call Handler

I was able to get this working by creating a new partition and assigning it to the devices that I wanted to exclude the access to from the 800#  I then had to create a 2nd voice enabled Directory Handler.  So I had 1 direcory handler assigned to the 800# and 1 for when the internal Route Point was dialed.  I create a New Search Space that did not include the new partition and assigned that Search Space to the External Directory Handler.

Now the external callers do not have access to the new partition and the voicemail boxes associated to that partition.

CreatePlease to create content