cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unity connection transfer to PSTN rings then drops

miket
Level 5
Level 5

I have a Unity Connection 11,5 SIP integrated to CUCM11.5. I have a AA set to call external number. When I use the AA the call hits the gateway, rings, then drops when answered. CUCM is sip to PSTN

ANy IdwaUnity Conenction, IP Telephony

6 Replies 6

Do you have CUCM connected directly to PSTN or through CUBE. ? Also, do you
have the right codecs enabled in CUC which is matching what is coming from
PSTN. They should be enabled under service parameters.

Thank you for quickk response. I checked the mtp required on the PSTN trunk and all is working. I wasnt quite sure what parameters you were referring to but it looks like codec issues. I shouldnt need the mtp if all is configured correctly.

I was getting a disconnect error 111 protocol issue. You were correct so now I will try and see why the codec mismatch. Your suggestion is likely correct but I am not sure where they are.

Thank you again

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
1) Most Probably there is Codec Mismatch, Try changing the Region setting of SIP Trunk to CUC and Voice Gateway so as to use G711 everwhere OR Try adding Trans coder resource.

Thanks
Haris

Thank you fr quick response. The regions are okay . I did add MTP required on the PSTN trunk and all works.

I was getting a disconnect error 111 which is a protocol error. I shouldn't need the MTP but for now it works and I suspect you are correct about the codecs.  Thanks again and I will post once I correct real issue.

Thank You

You should be facing DTMF Mismatch . Check the DTMF Settings in Dial Peers and SIP trunk set it to RFC-2833 i.e rtp nte.

Thanks
haris

In your region configuration both trunks (PSTN and CUC) configure G711.
This is done in CUCM.

In CUC, go to Telephony Integrations > Port Group > Edit > Advertising
Codecs > Select all codecs for testing