cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection transferring calls to CUCM

jeffrey.girard
Level 1
Level 1

I have posted here before, continuing my learning in my lab.

CUCM 9 and CUC 9.  4 IP Phones registered and all have mailboxes.  I have a System Call Handler configured to answer calls coming from a CTI Route Point.

I have been playing with a scenario trying to learn all the capabilities of the various call handlers.

Im currently trying to allow the caller to transfer to a phone number that is registered in CUCM - but does NOT have a mailbox.

My CUC Configuration

Call Handler Basics

Callers Hear -> My Personal Recording

During Greeting -> Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associate with Users or Call Handlers

After Greeting -> Conversation -> Caller System Transfer

System Settings -> Restriction Tables

Default Transfer

I added a new entry and specifically entered the DN that I was trying to transfer to (123)

I unchecked the "blocked" for all entries

Call Management -> Call Routing -> Forwarded Routing Rules

Attempt Forward Routing Rule -> Send Call to -> Conversation -> Attempt Forward

From an IP Phone, I dial the CTI RP and get forwarded to the main / opening call handler.  I traverse a couple of menu tree levels to get to my call handler where I am attempting to transfer back to CUCM.  I hear my recorded personal greeting instructing me to enter my number.  Whether I wait for the recording to end or whether I enter the digits during the greeting, the results are the same.  The result is that nothing happens.  No recorded message telling me that I cant be transferred to that number - nothing at all.  The call just terminates.

I started up Connection Remote Port Status monitor and I can watch the sequence of the call.  When I enter the digits of the target phone (123), I see in the Remote Port Status Monitor that it sees and receives the DTMF digits, but then nothing happens. 

I next tested by adding a test user in CUC with the same DN of 123.  As soon as I did that, I repeated the attempted call and when I dialed "123", I get the recorded message "Wait while I transfer that call" and then the call completes successfully.

This is my home lab so I can make any changes that you suggest with no user implications.

Jeff

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jeff,

For our system we have to set this on the "Default System transfer" restriction table

rather than the "Default Transfer"  restriction table. I might try 1?? - allow on the table

and test again.

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
And may your song always be sung
May you stay forever young " 

- Dylan

Rob -

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond.

However, I think that we may be using different versions?  I have 9.0.1 here in my lab.

I do not have a Default SYSTEM transfer restriction table - I only have a Default Transfer restriction table.

Also, in my restriction tables, there is no ALLOW selection - I simply have a check box.  The check box is to turn on the block action.  I currently have it set to off.

However, thanks for the effort !

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

That is weird! It is still shown in this 9.x doc

Overview of Default Restriction Tables in Cisco Unity

Connection 9.x

Default Fax

Restricts numbers for fax delivery.

Default Outdial

Restricts numbers for message notifications

Default System Transfer

Restricts numbers that can be used for

Caller system transfers, which allow

unidentified callers to transfer to a

number that they specify. For example,

callers may want to dial a lobby or conference room phone that is not

associated with a Connection user. By default, the table does not allow

Connection to dial any numbers.

Default Transfer

Restricts numbers for call transfers.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/administration/guide/9xcucsagx/9xcucsag110.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

"May your heart always be joyful
And may your song always be sung
May you stay forever young " 

- Dylan