cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection -- using a pre-recorded prompt, is it possible ?

haouaswajih
Level 3
Level 3

Dear Networkers,

We use Cisco Unity Connection 7.0

I would like to know if it is possible to upload an already recorded prompt to use it in a greeeting in stead of on of the system default greeting prompt?

IE: is it possible to replace one of the default prompts by a recorded one ? (I do not want to use the record tool in the Unity Connection web page.)

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.

4 Replies 4

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

Yes, you can.

Simply find the call handler that you're wanting to do this with (opengin greeting), and open up the greetings section.  Scroll down and hit the button for record/play to activate the media master control.  Once you have this up, you can use the paste from option to upload an appropriately formatted WAV file onto the greeting, and the system will use that.

File format is CCITT u-Law 8 x 8.000kHz mono WAV.

Cliff

(please rate helpful posts.  If a post provides you an answer, please flag it as such so that others can find it more easily when searching with similar issues.)

A clarification on this, you can upload pre-recorded messages to the greetings from a call handler, subscriber, etc. You can do this for the std, busy, alternate, etc.

If you mean system prompts like "please wait while I transfer your call" or the message you get to log into CUC the answer is no. System messages cannot be customized.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi ,

One of our customers needs to play a prompt continuosly until the caller disconnect the call,

is there any possibility that we can achieve this with CUC ?

Thanks

Purna

Purna,

Yes it's possible. Go to the greeting which you want to modify (for example Standart one)

After greeting -> Call Action -> Restart Greeting

Or you may also consider "playing" with "

For changing the greeting you may also use ATM tool which I find very useful

http://ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/ATM/ATM.html

br,
Vadym