Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection VMware Tools

abdulkarim041
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have received BE6K received from cisco pre loaded with Unity connection. After completing the installation of CUC.

I reloaded the CUC. I observed a CUC VM has not VMware tools. I was unable to access the CUC via CLI/Console/GUI.

for reference screenshot is attached.  I tried to install VMware Tool by clicking on action-Guest OS- Install VMware Tools. but could not get success.

BR

Abdul Karim 

5 Replies 5

HARIS_HUSSAIN
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Not Installing VMWare tools should not impact the VM Access through CLI or GUI.
Are you sure that network connectivity is correct? Make sure VM is connected to correct VLAN in VMware.

*** Please rate helpful post; Mark "Accept as a Solution" if applicable

Thanks,
Haris

No VLAN or connectivity issue.

tgaur
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi,

sometime we need to get into Linux shell to install the vmtool manually, open a TAC case and they will assist you.

regards.

Thank you so much Tgaure

I don't have the samrtnet. I have only CUWL license. Could you please share procedure to install manually install the

VMware Tools

BR

Dalton-Covene
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Abdulkarim041,

In certain scenarios in which VMWare tools does not want to install, I have had to change the OS mode to Permissive, then try installing VMWare tools via vCenter GUI. 

1. Open CLI to Unity Connection node

2. Run the command "utils os secure permissive"

3. Attempt to install VMware tools

4. After successful installation of VMware Tools, change the OS Mode back to enforcing

5. Run the command "utils os secure enforce"

Regards,

Dalton Woolsey

Please rate all helpful posts.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: