cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connections 8.5 - call input option sending caller to greeting

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

I have an issue where when a call reaches a call handler and chooses an option to reach an extension/phone in call manager, the call is going dircectly to that user voicemail instead of ringing the phone.

The call should follow this path Call --> CH in Unity --> Press 2 -->  Ring Extension

Instead does this:  Call --> CH in Unity --> Press 2 -->  plays user greeting

Here is what is what I have tested:

If I call that phone extension or DID, the phone will ring.

If I replace the opt out on that call handler to go to any other extension, it will ring that extension.

I setup an opt out on my voicemail account to go to that extension and it also directly to the greeting and not ring the phone.

The tests above rule out any Call forward settings for that extension in call manger.  I also double checked that no CFA to VM is selected.  The Call Handler opt out setting is set to "attempt to transfer" - as mentioned above, I also test this with another extension and it worked fine.

Any idea's?? I'm stumped

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Was the transfer rule that you checked the one that it's using? If the Alternate transfer rule was enabled, then you should be checking that one. Otherwise, I would check the Standard transfer rule.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Look at the transfer settings from the subscriber you're sending the call to.

What's configured there??

Send to greeting or ring phone??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Look at the transfer settings from the subscriber you're trying to reach.

What's configured there??

Send to greeting, or ring subscriber??

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

jbillingsley
Level 1
Level 1

I concur with java, it's the transfer setting on the subscriber that you should check out.

I did check the "Transfer Rule"   (User --> Edit Transfer Rule) for the standard greeting and the Transfer Action is programmed to transfer calls to greeting and thought that was it.  However my subscriber account is setup the exact same way and when replacing the users extension with mine,  it rings my phone.  I did try changing it to transfer to extension but that did not work.

Is there another transfer setting under the subscriber I am not aware of?

Was the transfer rule that you checked the one that it's using? If the Alternate transfer rule was enabled, then you should be checking that one. Otherwise, I would check the Standard transfer rule.

BINGO! - I was so close.  Yes, my Alternate transfer rule is set to transfer to extension which explain why mine was working.  I changed both her Standard and Alternate to transfer to extension and it now works correctly.  Thanks!!