I have read and run into a few meassages that were resolved regarding my issue, but in my case they are not getting my issue fix.
- I am trying to get the Unified Messaging working on our UC server.
- I get the error about the user mailbox is not able to be accessed.
- From the Unified Messaging Service everything seems to test out OK
- RTMT logs for Tomcat say error 401.2....authentication error
- Our Exchange 2007 server is running, and we have expanded the tree (in IIS Manager) -> expanded "web sites" and right clicked the EWS folder to select properties then "Directory Security" then edited "Authentication and Access Control" to allow Basic, Digest, and NTLM....for testing purposes of course.
- Back at the Unified Messaging side I have tried test connects and get errors even if I change evey possible "Web-based Authentication Mode/ Web-Based Protocol.
- In short I have tried them all and I get nothing but "cannot access".
- Given the information is there another piece of this puzzle I might have missed in getting this to work?
- I can also say that I can made modifications to the COS in UC to allow features of UM to work, have the SMTP Proxy address set, and checkboxes are checked for my Unified Messaging Service to be active and to Sync Connection and Exchange Mailboxes.
Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Pls try this under unified messaging service page:
Web-based auth mode: NTLM
Web-based protocol: HTTPS
specified an exchange server: client access server IP
Pls see below for AD account requirement
most of the errors are to do with account setup.