cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connections Greetings Administrator Role

Kevin Porter
Level 1
Level 1

I have two seperate Unity Connections servers that I have given the Greetings Administrator Role to different users.  In one server the user has privileges to update greetings on all the Call Handlers without the Call Handler having any "Owners" assigned.  In another server, I assigned the same role for a different User, but the system is telling me that the User is "not an owner of the Call Handler"...Is this a Bug...I thought the Greetings Administrator Role waived the requirment of a User being assigned as a specific Call Handler owner...Thanks

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kevin,

Can you please provide the CUC versions for the working/non-working

Greeting Admin function

Cheers!

Rob

Hello Rob,

The working version is:  7.1.3-10000-68

The non-working version is: 8.0.3.20000-18

Have you had any experiences with assigning the Greetings Administrator role to a user and not assigning owners to Call handlers?

Thanks,

Kevin

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Kevin,

We have tested and used the Greetings Administrator Role using CUC 7.1(3) and it

works exactly as you described. This Role allows the Administrator to change Call Handler

Greetings without being designated as the owner

I would open a TAC case for this one. I spent some time looking for Bugs related to this issue

and could not find any. I did find this thread where my friend Hailey was having some issues

with "assigned" Roles in CUC 8.x;

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3169970#3169970

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for the response Rob.  I'll give the TAC folks a ring...

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Kevin,

Good stuff!

Can you please post back with your resolution when you determine what this fix is.

Cheers!

Rob

Resolved, but not sure why...TAC didn't offer much help, except to add Users as owners, which is nuts...but with a bit of push back they went to developement and the Lab to confirm the functionality.  In the mean time I removed the Greetings Administrator Role, saved the User page then re-assigned the Greetings Administrator Role and it worked as we thought it should.  The User can login and has full privileges for enabling the Alternate Greeting and recording all available greetings!

Have a good one,

Kevin

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for posting back (+5)

Make sure to keep an eye on this ...as Hailey nicely noted in his 8.0 build

this was flaky and would work one day and not the next. I love the fix

they gave you "to add the users as owners"

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: