Helpful
Replies

Unity - Directory Handler

vburshteyn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I am running Unity 7.0

For some reason the call handler is unable to find few users.  I went through the system and compared the users that the system is able to find and those that it cant and cant find the difference.

Has anybody had this issue before or know how to fix it?

Thanks,

3 Replies 3

Hello,

This is probably because the users that cannot be found, do not have a recorded name in the system. In order for users to be found in the dial-by-name directory, they must log into their mailbox, go to the personal options, and make a recorded name. Also, make sure the user has the "list in directory" box checked.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

Thanks.

Kenneth,

Sadly that is not the answer.  They have a recorded name in the system.

My first question would be if you are accessing the default directory handler or if you have a custom call handler with an option to route to custom directory handler.  If you are routing to a custom directory handler, then you should check the search scope - i.e., is it looking at a specific distribution list and, if so, were these users added as members to that distribution list?  You should also check the default directory handler to see if the search scope has been modified.  As noted above, you should also check the individual subscriber records and check to see if the "List in Directory" box is checked or unchecked.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: