Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express hangs up on one extension

johnk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a working older CME/CUE system.  On only one particular extension, when connected to the AA, if you dial the extension, it hangs up on you. - other extensions work properly.

I've attached a buffer trace from CUE that contains a trace of the call - I'm dialing extension 124 - I see it find the user and then hang up, but I don't know why it disconnects - can someone smarter than me read the trace and see if it makes sense to them?

Thanks in advance gurus!

John

14 Replies 14

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Are you using a custom script ? If you are, test this with the default "aa.aef" instead. That will isolate your issue.

We are not using a custom script - it is a built in script named aa_sbcs_v03.aef.

Thanks for looking Nipun.  Again, it is the only phone doing this.

John

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
That is still custom. Anything that is not using a system default is custom. Be it the built in editor or be it the external editor.
Can you test this still ? Hardly take 5 minutes. I will go through the logs once thoroughly as well.

Yes Nipun I will test it.
I will have to wait until non-business hours to test.

Thanks,
John

Hi Nipun,

I tested with aa.aef and when I dial extension 124 - the same behavior exists.  The system says calling extension 124 and then hangs up on me.

So same exact symptom as far as I can tell.

John

I believe I've found the issue with this.  There were two sip phones configured for the same DN.

My follow up question is, how long will it take for Unity Express to figure out the configuration of the SIP phones has changed?

I'm scheduling a reboot tonight, just to force it, but curious how long that should take.

John

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
It should not require a reboot AFAIK. As soon as you make the change, test with a call and it should work. Did you do any change on CUE itself ?

Initially I tried to delete and recreate the mailbox which didn't fix anything.
Then I deleted the second pool but still from the AA menu, trying to transfer to the extension, it hangs up on you.
So I scheduled a reboot tonight, as this system has had some oddities.

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Did you try removing the user itself and re-adding it on CUE only ?

Actually yes, that is exactly what I tried to do with no difference. Then I found the duplicate DN assignments and repaired that. I have not deleted the CUE user since then.

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Duplicate DN assignment should not be an issue IMO. It would only be a shared-line and the call will be sent to both the virtual dial-peers on CME.
Since you have altered the config already, try a reboot after hours and see if it helps. Share the outcome.

The reboot didn't repair. The AA still hangs up when transferring to that extension.
John

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
DM me your script or email to me. Let me check what's going on.

So, somewhat interesting update.

I went ahead and changed the DN to a different extension number.  That particular extension wasn't publicly published so it was mostly an internal change.

I found another DN of number 129 that does the exact same thing as 124.  It says transferring and hangs up.  I simply set the user to extension 191 and updated the settings in unity to match and now the user is receiving calls.

Apparently there is some Voodoo in the numbers on this system.  With the user extension changed to a functioning one, the urgency of this request has dramatically been reduced to a curiosity.

Thanks for all your assistance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: