cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity LDAP Custom Filter for Users, not working as expected

johnoliphant1
Level 1
Level 1

Running CUC 11.5, with LDAP sync to AD. It's working fine, mostly.

I need the LDAP sync to import users into CUC based on the IP phone field in AD, and NOT the Telephone number field. I have this set up in CUCM and it works great. I need CUC to ignore the Telephone number field, but it always grabs whatever number is in that field, if present. I have lots of users with voicemail boxes and no phones. The Telephone number field will be used for their main department number.

The LDAP config in CUC is set identical to CUCM where this works properly, using the same custom filter. In CUC I'm syncing LDAP and can import any users who have any extension in the IP phone field. But it is not syncing the extension from that field. I get a user with no extension...unless I put the extension in the Telephone number field, and I don't want to do that. See the attached screen grab.

FWIW we previously used the Telephone number field and used a conversion to pull the last three digits for the extension number. I tried deleting that and it didn't fix this problem.

Any ideas? 

-John 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
So, it's not the filter which matches the extension to the AD field, rather, it's the mapping table.

Can you share a screenshot of your CUC LDAP Directory page where it has that little table mapping attributes together?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

johnoliphant1
Level 1
Level 1
Nevermind...
A colleague helped me figger it out...the Standard User field to be synced had to be switched to IpPhone as well.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
So, it's not the filter which matches the extension to the AD field, rather, it's the mapping table.

Can you share a screenshot of your CUC LDAP Directory page where it has that little table mapping attributes together?

I found it just before you posted the right answer. I attached the screenshot anyway.

Sweet! That was easy. Where was your colleague 10 minutes ago? ;)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: