Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Personal Greeting

huntlee
Level 1
Level 1

Dear NetPro gurus,

Is there any tools that can help my customer to view at a glance which user has used Personal Greeting, and which are just using System Default greeting??

One  of my customers has over 1,000 users and I was wondering whether such  tool exist rather than having me to click on each user mailbox  one-by-one. 

I did tried to export using Bulk Administration Tool as well as using User Dump Tool but neither allows me to see who has used Personal Greeting on their mailbox.

I have spent a lot of time research on this already.  Would greatly appreciated if anyone can shed some light on this.

Cheers,

Hunt

2 Replies 2

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When you run the Subscriber Information Dump for Unity, you have the option to pull the WAV file info for greetings as well as data for which greeting(s) are enabled.  When you do that, you would be able to see the following:

• Greeting WAV file – standard. This will include the WAV file name of the standard greeting for a subscriber. The WAV file itself is copied into      the same directory where you select the CSV File to be written to so be sure to pick a directory that has enough space to store all the greeting      files. The file will be named with the alias of the subscriber followed by “_GREETING_STANDARD.WAV”.   If there is no standard      greeting recorded for the subscriber, the column will be empty. If there is a standard greeting it will be copied to the output directory as noted and the file name used will be written in the column.

I haven't looked at this data for the purpose you intend but the standard (and alternate) greetings are the most commonly used.  When you set up your mailbox, it asks you to record a personal greeting (this would be the Standard greeting).  If you do not record a personal greeting then the system default would be used.  So, if I have a personal greeting then the applicable Greeting WAV file output in the subscriber dump should be populated.  Otherwise, it would be blank.  Should be easy for you to test and verify if this is the case.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hailey,

Very cool! +5

Cheers!

Huff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: