Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Publisher - Upgrade or rebuild

Scott Hanson
Level 3
Level 3

All,

I have a Unity Publisher 8.6 that TAC says needs to be rebuilt.  An upgrade to 10.5 was only a few weeks away.  can I get the same net effect by upgrading to 10.5directlyl instead of rebuilding then upgrading?  It is throwing file system errors and the subscriber is currently active and taking calls.

Thanks in advance!

Replies rated

2 Replies 2

Sami Ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Scott,

Considering the publisher has crashed and you need the cluster on 10.5, I believe you will need to rebuild, let the db replication go through and then upgrade. Although 8.6 to 10.5 is direct upgrade. Consider using PCD as well.

Sami

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will not be able to do that since upgrading directly to 10.5 will cause below two major issues:

1) If you are planning to perform a DRS restore on the CUC Publisher v10.5 to get the information back then that will not be possible since DRS restore does not work across different versions.

2) If you have plans to push/synchronize the data from secondary CUC server even that will also not be possible since the versions will be different

Hence, rebuild the CUC publisher with 8.5 version only get it back to the position wherein everything had been restored on it and then only proceed with the complete cluster upgrade to 10.5

Regards

Deepak