Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Unified Messaging - Android Unable to Play

Hi everyone,

I noticed that I am able to play my Unified Voice Messages on my iPhone without a problem but on the Android ( Droid Bionic, Charge, etc... ) the message does not open.

I read that this has something to do with the GSM codec that the .WAV file is encoded with. Is there anyway to change this? Does Cisco have any work arounds for the situation? Thank you!

5 Replies 5

alexfield1
Level 1
Level 1

I've had the same issue with newer Android phones (pre-Froyo seems to work fine) and it had something to do with .wav codecs (old vs. new) - I think it's sort of ridiculous but I've had people load the free version of the Remote Wav app with success.

You can change Unity but it is a global change that effects all customers.  Andriod fixed this problem with thier latest release.  It again works on mine.  Andriod Version 2.2 Software number 3.26.605.1  Build number 3.26.605.1 CL264707 release-keys. 

Under your about phone setings check for System updates.

Thank you! Where do I change this setting in Unity? What are my format options?

It's a parameter in the Advanced Settings Tool which you can launch from the Tools Depot. I do not have a Unity server any longer to point out the exact setting name. Common choices are G.711, GSM, G.726 (rare), etc. G.711 is the safe choice but will consume more storage than GSM.

Remember that this would be global change, I would advise you check with your Cisco support team before you make a permanat change:

On the Cisco Unity Server go to Tools Depot--> Audio Managment Tools --> Set Record Format --> change the recording format from CCITT u-law to pcm.  This will make the voicemail file bigger from 64bit to 128bit. 

But then the wav file should play on the Andriod phone.