Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Upgrade Licensing question

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Guys,

I have a customer who is running unity 4.0.5 at the moment and wants to upgrade to unity 7 on a new hardware. My question is How to sort out the licesng. On the cisco configuration tool I can see an option for upgrade license. Do I use this or do I have to order new licenses and in that case what happens to the customers existing licenses

Please rate all useful posts
3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Deji,

Long time my friend! Hope life is treating you well. This info is for Unity 5.x but is fully applicable to 7.x as well (**use the configuration tool :)

Changes to Licensing for Cisco Unity 5.x

Cisco Unity 5.x includes the following licensing changes:

•Upgrading to Cisco Unity 5.x requires that you purchase an upgrade license. The upgrade license activates Cisco Unity 4.x licensed features on a Cisco Unity 5.x system.

Obtain the license file(s) for the upgrade to Cisco Unity 5.x.

Obtaining Cisco Unity License Files

License files, which enable the features purchased by the customer, are required for installing Cisco Unity software, for some upgrades, and for adding or changing licensed features. You obtain the license files by completing registration information on Cisco.com.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/upgrade/guide/ex/5xcuruge020.html#wp1266535

This license file is applied for by going to Product Upgrade Tool and entering your Unity SAU/UCSS (major upgrade support) contract number.To use the PUT, you must enter your Cisco contract number (Smartnet, SASU, or ESW). If you do not have a contract for Major Upgrades, you must purchase the upgrade from Cisco Sales.

http://tools.cisco.com/gct/Upgrade/jsp/index.jsp

Hope this helps!

Rob

Rob,

Thanks for the post. Life is good over here in London..except of course for the credit crunch! How are you doing in Canada?

Please rate all useful posts

JeffG1
Level 3
Level 3

Since you are replacing hardware as well:

To Re Home the Unity License Files:

Send an e-mail to licensing@cisco.com with the following information:

•A request for a replacement license file.

•The MAC address of the current server.

•The MAC address of the replacement computer.

•A statement that you will delete the Cisco Unity license from its current computer after the new server is installed.

Within one business day, you will receive the replacement license file attached to an e-mail from licensing@cisco.com.

I choose to rehome the 4.x License, then request the 7.x upgrade a few days later under the new server MAC address.

Are going to upgrade from Unity 4.x to 7.x with an OS change? If so you will need ot use DIRT or Corbas to restore your 4.x data. In that case you must install 4.x on your new server and restore the 4.x system BEFORE you can upgrade to 7.x.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: