cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity with Domino option grayed out

b_ferguson
Level 1
Level 1

During the installation of Unity, in the services configuration wizard, the only option that is available is Microsoft Exchange 2003 and Microsoft Exchange 2000 and Lotus Domino is grayed out.  I need Lotus Domino and can't seem to find out why the other 2 options are grayed out.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I think you installed a new Windows 2003 server and trying to install Unity 4.2 with Domino on that, if that is correct that is the problem, Unity with Domino MUST be installed on Windows 2000, please check the system requirements:

++++

Caution If Windows Server 2003 is installed on the Cisco Unity server, Domino is not supported.

++++

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/requirements/42cusysreq.html#wp471645

If that is the case the only solution is to reinstall Win 2000 and install Unity again.

If this helps, please rate.

Christian Nuche.

PDI HD Team.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Christopher,

What version of Unity?

Cheers!

Rob

Unity 4.2.  I'm in the process of upgrading Unity 4 to Unity 7, since you can't do a dirt or use COBRAS for Domino, we are installing a temp Unity 4 server to DiRT to this server and then upgrade the server the Unity 7.

I thought that a uninstall / reinstall would work but i get the same thing.  unable to select Lotus Domino.

cnuche
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I think you installed a new Windows 2003 server and trying to install Unity 4.2 with Domino on that, if that is correct that is the problem, Unity with Domino MUST be installed on Windows 2000, please check the system requirements:

++++

Caution If Windows Server 2003 is installed on the Cisco Unity server, Domino is not supported.

++++

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/42/requirements/42cusysreq.html#wp471645

If that is the case the only solution is to reinstall Win 2000 and install Unity again.

If this helps, please rate.

Christian Nuche.

PDI HD Team.

That was it, i must have missed that section on the requirements, thanks!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: