Views
Helpful
Replies

Unityconnection - LDAP Authentication

gpsriramdc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All,

We have unityconnection 10.5 where some of the user are imported from CUCM and  some users are manually created.

We would like to enable the LDAP Authentication for these users to keep the same AD password for web inbox and jabber visual voice mail features. All Alias in unityconnection as same as samaccountname in AD. 

I have doubt if we enable the LDAP Authentication , it will applicable to only Ldap synced users or Local user and cucm imported users are also able to able to Authenticate with LDAP for Web Authentication ?

Thanks in Advance !!!

2 Replies 2

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

As far as I know, local users are authenticated locally (unity connection database)

And LDAP users against LDAP

Not sure what will happen if you have LDAP and CUCM imported users (might not be possible) if they are the same user-id you might have problems. In the past I used AXL to get the users from CUCM, now I use LDAP and some locally created users if needed. Don't use AXL anymore.

Shadi Shami
Level 7
Level 7

"Single sign-on —Optionally, you can configure Connection to authenticate user names and passwords for Connection web applications against the LDAP directory, so that users do not have to maintain multiple application passwords. (Phone passwords are still maintained in the Connection database.)"

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/design/guide/9xcucdgx/9xcucdg040.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: