cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Universal Phone Button Template for Jabber for Windows (Universal Device Template)

Hi,

I am using CUCM 10.5.2 and I have created several Universal Device Templates for different kind of phone types and locations. For normal hard phones the the setup of specific Universal Phone Button Templates works fine, but I struggle with CSF Devices.

I have created a Phone Button Template with just 1 Line, nothing else and a profile with just 2 lines, nothing else. But when I create CSF through the "Quick User/Phone Add" function the CSF is always creating an individual phone button template per device. Also when use the drop down menu the Phone Button Template parameter on the CSF device I can only select betwenn the standard template client service framework and other already existing individual templates, but not my "Universal Phone Button Template".

It seems a limitation of CSF Configuration CUCM or the CUCM version itself. Maybe somebody knows a workaround for this?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jeffrey Kyle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Steffen,

I am having this exact same issue on a 10.5.2 cluster, did you happen to find out anything about solving this issue?

Thanks,

Jeff

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jeffrey Kyle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Steffen,

I am having this exact same issue on a 10.5.2 cluster, did you happen to find out anything about solving this issue?

Thanks,

Jeff

Sorry for marking your reply as correct answer, I am unable to undo this.

It seems to be a limitation of the Client Service Framework device type. For all other phone devices I can assign every available phone button template. When I create a CSF manually only the Standard Template for CSF or any Sip-Invidual Template from other CSFs are available.

No problem Steffen,

I opened a TAC case to see if they would have any input on this and basically it's working "as designed" (CUCM 10.5.2, 10.5.2 with SU and 11.0.1). My next step is to contact my Cisco Systems Engineer and ask why it was designed this way. I con't really see a need for individual phone button templates unless it's needed to be customized.

I'm still seeing this same issue in CUCM 11.0.1 (SU2) and 11.5.1 (SU2)  

Does anyone know if it will be fixed in the future ?

is there a Bug ID for this ?