cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unlock IP Phone Settings

kartik.bhatia
Level 1
Level 1

We have to register some phones (7941), which have come to us form one of our labs set up years ago, to our CUCM 7.1.

The issue is that trying to unlock the settings of them phones by doing **hash - its asking for an Authentication password. And we have no record of how these phones were initially set up.

Is there a way to break into these phones please?

Also, how do we set an Authentication to unlock the settings of a phone at the first place anyway?

Thanks & Regards,

Kartik

5 Replies 5

Grayson Wells
Level 1
Level 1

I am no expert, but we unlock phone settings by hitting the settings button and then **#. If it still wants a PIN or password then I suspect it is talking about the PIN associated with the individual user assigned to the phone. In that case go to user management>end user> and search for the user associated with the phone. That will give you the PIN and digest credentials options. Good luck!

Thanks Robert

but that's the thing - **hash is asking for a PIN to Unlock them.

and as I said - ' we have no record of how these phones were initially set up'

and the only reason I want to unlock the settings is to change them to register the phone to our now CUCM, and since they are not registered, I can not go to user management>end user> and search for the user associated with the phone

Assist please.

Regards,

Kartik

Ah I see... Have you tried a factory reset? Unplug it and plug it back in and while it is booting up select the following keys: 123456789*0#

I forgot to mention that you need to hold down the top two buttons on the left before typing in the reset sequence. You will notice the difference if you do it right.

Payal Bhaduri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Have you tried the factory reset?

The following link can help you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a00800941bb.shtml