cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

unregistered phones mystery

aguy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.  I have a small percentage of desk phones not registering properly after an outage.  Looking at rtmt -> cm -> device search -> phone -> unregistered phones I see that the status reason is DirectoryNumberMismatch.

Ive tried to find any relavent info but have come up empty.  Older posts dont reaveal any clues and looking in the cisco docs doesnt hellp either since the phones are using SCCP.  The different models affected are 7936, 7937, 7961, 7942.  There are others of the same loads/model so its not the load. Ive tried reboots several times.  Ive also checked the device/directory number configs and they are correct.

Running CUCM 8.6

Anyone have any other ideas?

6 Replies 6

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

the error message seems to suggest this is SIP related, but you are running SCCP. have you look at your call manager trace files already to see if there is any info on why these phone do not register? Also, if you completely delete the phone, then add back in, does this register the phone?

=============================
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below. 

=============================

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi,

can u have a look into the call routing----->Route Plan Report and check for same DNs. Try deleting them and add them?

regds,

aman

aguy
Level 1
Level 1

Fixed my issues.  For the desk phones had to get into whatever swtichport they were on and flipped POE on and off again.  The conference phones had to be manually power cycled since they used non POE power.  I guess the DirectoryNumberMismatch error was a red herring and resetting the phones through CUCM wasnt enough.

haresh.khemani
Level 1
Level 1

We are seeing the same issue after a WAN outage. Running CUCM 9.1(2) Did you happen to open a TAC case?

You should start by taking a packet capture from an IP phone and see if the phone is getting an IP first, then is it getting the config file through TFTP and then is it sending a Skinny register message to cucm. If you see the phone sending the packets fine then you need to take a parallel capture from cucm and see if any of those packets are being dropped over the wan link.

HTH

Manish

No I did not open a TAC case.  I jsut tried a few things on my own until I got it working.  The office is remote to me so physically power cycling was my issue.