Views
Helpful
Replies

unregistered Phones

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hi All,

We are facing a weired issue. 1/3 of our phones show registering. They stay in this state for ever unlease we delete them one by one an recreate them. The issue goes away as soon as we delete and recreate the phone. The unreistered phone have axacte the same config as the registered phones. CUCM version 7.1.3. Have anyone ever experienced this?

Thanks,

MK

8 Replies 8

Joe Price
Level 1
Level 1

I have a few questions in regards to your issue:

This may or may not be a stupid question but are all of the affected phones on the same switch or blade?

Are all the affected phones the same model?

What is the phone firmware / are they all the same?

I've had issues where phones didn't have the latest firmware and this issue occurred. 

Thanks,

Joe

Thank you for responding.

-The unregisted phones are on the diffrenent switches (3750).

- 7965 (SCCP45.8-5-2SR1S) and 7937 (apps37sccp.1-3-3-0)

The funny part is that as soon as I delete the unregistered phone and recreate it in the CUCM the issue goes away.

Thanks,

M

I would check out the Phone Information Page on a phone that works fine and compare it to one of the ones having an issue.  I bet you will find some inconsistencies in the Boot Load ID or the APP Load ID.  For a large number of phones to be having the same issue there has to be some common ground somewhere.  The only strange thing about your issue is that it is affecting two different models.  Did you upgrade to 7.1.3?  I've had an issue after upgrading that I didn't catch for months where a firmware table in CUCM became corrupt. 

Instead of deleting the phone try doing a hard reset on one and see if that works.

Hard Reset:

-Unplug the phone

-Hold in # while plugging the phone back in. 

-Keep holding # until the line buttons start flashing back and forth

-Enter reset code 123456789*0#

Thanks,

Joe

Thanks Joe,

Attached is the config of two phones.

SEPC0626BD3CBB2 Not registered and SEPC0626BD3CB14 Registered.

Please have a look and let me know if you see any difference.

Thanks,

MK

Here is a brief capture.  The phone connects to correct Subscriber and looks like it is fine downloading it’s config file.  It looks like when this phone goes to Publisher is when it gets rejected.   It just keeps repeating this behavior (connects, gets rejected).

Hello

Take a look on RTMT you can see the reason why this IP Phones are unregistereds, see this doc

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/err_msgs/8_x/ccmalarms801.html

And other thing if try to register this phone on sub it works? and on the pub works?

the database replication is good?

thanks!

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***

I managed to resolve the issue by restarting the TFTP service.

Thank you guys for taking the time and replying to my post.

MK

Great news MK,

Thanks for share!

Regards
Leonardo Santana

*** Rate All Helpful Responses***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: