cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Update from CUCM 8.5 to 8.6 ?

vitekabc1
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone please tell me does it require a new license file when updating  a CUCM cluster from 8.5.1.10000-26 to  8.6.2.22900-9 ? The license file was just generated a few weeks ago when building brand new 8.5.1 cluster.

5 Replies 5

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Seal,

No, u do not require new licnese since it is a minor upgrade.

regds,

aman

8.5 to 8.6 is considered a major upgrade and valid UCSS would be required, however as correctly stated by no new license is needed.  You should still however follow proper process of ordering the upgrade via PUT.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

What I understand that upgrades which are done in same version are considered to be minor upgrade?

Is it documented in Cisco for this particular CUCM version  .If possible,please share.

regds,

aman

It is not the same version, 8.5 to 8.5 SU would be the same minor version, upgrade to .5, etc are considered major.  8.6 was kind of one off as the main reason for 8.6 was Redhat upgrade which if you think about it from effort perspective is more involved than going to lets say version 9.X due to the OS upgrade and multiple reboots.  So, I suppose this one is kind of a gray area :-)

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot for correcting me....

regds,

aman