Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Update userid in CUCM 10.5

Hi,

We have a cucm cluster that is not synced with AD. The userid's are the users telephone numbers. 

We now want to enable AD sync but we will use the sAMAccountName as a userid attribute. If we enable the ldap sync, the system instead of overwriting the existing users will just create new ones. That is normal since there is no association between the existing ones and the ones from AD;

BAT is giving me a lot of headaches; If I want to avoid reconfiguring the users again (not an option) I will probably need to export the existing users, modify their userid so as to match their sAMAccountName and then import them back. 

But I have tested a better and faster solution for me. Just do an update query directly to the sql db and change the userid via AXL. I haven't seen any potential issue apart from the fact that I wil have to reconfigure the agent config in UCCX due to the bug CSCur94251 but I cannot avoid that whatever I do.

Has anyone tried it with success ? Can anybody think any other potential issues?

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Hi,

I never tryed this, but I recommended that you make an small test before change the UserID of all your users.

My recommendation ... create a new OU, for example LAB, and insert the user TEST into it. Change one of your UserIDs from DN to TEST. Enable AD Sync only with the LAB OU. Check the result.

Hope this helps.

Marcelo,

Thanks for the reply. that's exactly what I have tested and I did not see any issue. Just wondering if anyone has done it before and if there is any other caveat that I cannot think of

Regards,

Hi,

I didn't find any issue in my researches ... as soon as you already tested that, I think you are good to go.

Best regards.