Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating description of phones using BAT

All,

I was wondering if someone could step me through updating phones description using bat.

I tried a coupe of ways but none seem to work correctly.

The idea is that I'm going to be putting floor numbers in the description for easy firmware upgrading but they have to be unique - ie..."28FL - Jane Doe"; "29FL - John Doe".

I tried Bulk Administration --> Phones  ----> Export Phones ---> Specific Details.  Downloaded the excel file and updated that file how I wanted it to look then saved it to my desktop as a text (tab delimited).

I then Bulk Administration --->Upload / Download ---> Add New --> Selected File; Target=Phones; Transaction Type=Update Phone - Custom File.  I then go to Bulk Administration ---> Phones ----> Update Phones ---> Custom File.

I select Description and the custom file but it returns = Status 0 records Found.
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

32 Replies 32

Okay.... One last thought and I think it's time to call TAC:

Are you trying to change the description(s) to one that has a comma in it? Like in the ones that *do* have quotation marks around the description field in the export? I'm wondering if - since the error is that it doesn't like the description - if that is the culprit.

Try this: Do your import (of your phone only) and edit the description in the text so that it does *not* have quotation marks and also does *not* have a comma in the description.

Use only Notepad++ for your edits so that the E164 numbers you have don't get funky.

If that doesn't work, I'm all out of ideas.

Maren

@Maren Mahoney  Thanks for all your help.  I edited the file and removed all commas in the description and just made it as plain as possible with no extra characters but it still failed out.

I'll get a TAC case opened for this.

Again - thanks a million for all your help!

You're welcome. I'm sorry we didn't fix the problem. If TAC finds a solution, please do let us know. (I'd sure like to know!)

Maren

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: