Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Updating Line Display Name by BULK - CUCM 8.5

Hello Folks,

Here, i need a small suggesstion. I have around 150 Phones already added on CUCM ver 8.5 now customer is asking us to update the display names for those phones.

All those 150 phones are having different extensions and we need to have different display name on those as per the customer.

Please let me know if there is an option to make this happen, with out manual work.

Thanks,

Raja.      

10 Replies 10

Thameem ansari
Level 1
Level 1

Folk, i too have the same query.

For your information, In CUCM ver 8.5, We have option to update any of the properties of a bulk of desk phones with a common item whereas Updating phones with unique item is not available.

Any help i appreciateed.

Go to bulk administration --> Phones -- Export Specific Details -->

click find to get all phones and then click next give the file a name and submit

now go to bluk adminitration --> schedular and go find your job you have run

open the CSV file name, select all copy it paste it into notepad and save as whatever.csv

edit your csv file in excel, upload to call manager and update phone lines from custom file.

tell it to overwrite old values and submit it

Best Regards

I have cucm 9.1.2

This is not working for me. I tried the same exporting specific details, updating names and uploaded modified csv.

first of all it is not showing uploaded file with proposed changes while searching under update phones custom file option. 

Secondly after doing lot of search on net I got to know, need to write MAC ID of each phones in different row in txt file..  only MAC ID nothing else than it will show required phones but after than it is redirecting me to same page as we get in query option. Also I am not getting any overwrite old values option.

I want to update different display names for 600 phones (IP + Analog). How should I go about it ?

Thanks in advance !!

export all the phones to a csv file, update it in excel save it as a csv file again, upload to cucm and update under bulk administration the phones.

That is the quickest manual way.

Best Regards

That will not work. You can update phones using custom files with all the details you have exported from the export. When you select update phones> custome file> you need to use a search criteria, cucm then allows to use the BAT interface only to update those phones...

The only way to do this is to use import/export function to import the modfied exported files back to CUCM

Please rate all useful posts

"The essence of christianity is not the enthronement but the obliteration of self --William Barclay"

Please rate all useful posts

Hii,

I have CUCM 8.6

Can you tell me how to update the name for 1.000 users?

Hello All,

I have tried the suggested step by Hermanus Janse but it was not working for me i found the same issue reported by Ayodeji oladipo .

So, i search on net and found the helpful document. this step is tested and working for me.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-version-60/111443-bat-update-display-00.html

please feel free to post related queries.

Regards,

Aadil Khan

Hey Aadil ,

Thanks for post , it works for me !! :-)

Regards

Satish

Hello Aadil,

URL is outdated, do you have an update URL for this? Or steps?

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can run a SQL update from CLI.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: