Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade 7961g to SIP Firmware

brianpocock
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to change the firmware on a 7961g from sccp to a SIP image and I have downloaded the latest version 9.0.2 and it is a .cop.sgn file.   Does anyone know how I get that onto the phone or what I do with it.   All the guide I have found on the internet use .bin and .loads files so I'm a little unsure of what to do or if this is the right thing.

Many Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

markbatts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I assume that you just have the phone and not Callmanager? if thats the case then this url should be useful

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080094584.shtml

What you have downloaded is the SIP image for a Callmanager running Linux which is no good.What you need is the zip file

which is in the same place you got that file.

Cheers

Mark

HTH

Please rate useful posts

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

markbatts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I assume that you just have the phone and not Callmanager? if thats the case then this url should be useful

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080094584.shtml

What you have downloaded is the SIP image for a Callmanager running Linux which is no good.What you need is the zip file

which is in the same place you got that file.

Cheers

Mark

HTH

Please rate useful posts

That sounds about right, Ill download the right one,

Cheers

Would you be able to tell me which one I need to download as there were three there, is this the one I need: cmterm-7941_7961-sip.9-0-2SR1.zip

Thanks.

Rick Thomas
Level 1
Level 1

There is a nice guide to SIP conversion for the Cisco 7961G

Hi  to ALL of you !!

I purchased a couple of 7961G phones off from eBay, and I want to convert them to SIP. I tried the quide mentioned in the post, but I don't have the CallManager, and the image I download and extract in the root of my tftp server does nothing. Currently the firmware it contains is: SCCP41.8-3-1S (if that helps)

Can somebody please help me? I would really appreciate it VERY much !!

When you say "does nothing" do you just mean it doesn't upgrade, or is that absolutely no TFTP traffic indicating an attempt to upgrade.   Check the release notes for your desired version, it may be that an intermediate upgrade is needed to go from 8.3.1 up to the current version.

If you're still having trouble then take a Wireshark trace and see what's going on, and also confirm exactly what files you have in the TFTP root directory

Have you deleted all settings from the phones?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: