Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade Call Manager & UCCX 7.X to 10.X - Backup Restore configuration

Yannick Vranckx
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

We have an ongoing project with an upgrade from Call Manager & Contact Center Express from version 7.X to 10.X. The upgrade has been performed and the at this moment we have 2 environments running:

CUCM & UCCX 7.X = Live

CUCM & UCCX 10.5 = Not live

We will migrate the users in phases over towards the new environment. The project has been lying dead still for over a year now, and changes have happened on the old system (live) which have not been replicated towards the new environment. A former colleague started this and was able to backup & restore the configuration a year ago. Now because of the changes, the configuration isn't up to date anymore.

I have no idea on how to backup the configuration from a CUCM & UCCX 7.1 and restore it on a much higher node (10.5), do i need to jump versions or? can i convert the backup files from 7.X to 10.X. Is there anyone with some knowledge on how this should be performed the safest way.

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to restore on different versions, DRS files are version specific, you have a CUCM 7.1 backup?? your need another CUCM 7.1 to restore. No way around this. Ether use BAT to export, then massage as necessary before trying to import into 10, or manually do the same changes in 10.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for the swift response, i do wonder

Is it possible to setup a CUCM 7.X in a Virtualized LAB, perform the restore there and then do the upgrade offline again to 10.5 and then take a backup of that and restore it to the other 10.5, sound a bit tricky but it seems doable or?

Is it easy to find these ISO's on the cisco website, i presume there are installation ISO's from version 7?

I know that virtualization was from version 8 and on, but do you think such a scenario could be managed?

We would only support you doing a jump upgrade procedure, then upgrading to 10 for that matter. Or using PCD.

No, there are no bootable images on CCO. You would need to use yours, our reach TAC, or your SE to get a bootable copy of your CUCM 7.x version.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate