Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CM 8.5 to 8.6

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello everyone,

I wanted to confirm that if I am running 8.5 and want to go to 8.6 I can download that upgrade for Cisco.com and not have to order any software through the PUT or anything else correct?

Thanks in advance.  All replies rated.                  

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From the file:

8.6(2a)su1 US  Export Restricted - full encryption capabilities (non-bootable) - For upgrade  from 8.x+. Upgrades from 6.1(4)+, 7.1(3), 7.1(5) need to be requested via PUT  (www.cisco.com/upgrade) or purchased to obtain necessary license

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

The release notes says yes you can...

Please read details from the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/8_6_1/cucm-rel_notes-861.html#wp1996939

Upgrading to Restricted or Unrestricted Unified CM 8.6(1)

If upgrading from 8.5(1) or earlier complete the"Installing the COP File" section.

Note The unrestricted version of Unified CM 8.6(1) is available in limited markets only.

Be aware that after you install or upgrade to an unrestricted release, you can never upgrade to a restricted version. You are not even allowed to fresh install a restricted version on a system that contains an unrestricted version

Upgrading from Unified CM 6.x or Later by Using the UCSInstall ISO File

Note Release 6.x and 7.x customers can upgrade to this version, but the Cisco CallManager service will not run unless an 8.0 Software Feature License exists on the system.

Procedure

Step 1 From the Software Download page on Cisco.com, download the appropriate UCSInstall iso file.

For the restricted version:
UCSInstall_UCOS_8.6.1.10000-43.sgn.iso

For the unrestricted version:
UCSInstall_UCOS_UNRST_8.6.1.10000-43.sgn.iso

Please read this excellent document on upgrading to cucm 8.6 as the process is different to other upgrades..

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-16898

Pls rate all useful posts

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: