Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UPGRADE CUC 8.0.3(2a) to version 9 in a ucs server

Hi

I have installed the correct lic files in the cuc which is run in the ucs

I have installed the cop.sgn file(refresh upgrade) , and then i tried to upgrade to 9 but without success

The iso file that i used is UCSInstall_UCOS_9.0.1.10000-37.iso

The reason that the upgarde is not moving forward is that the cuc does not recognize the above iso as a valid upgrade

I am doing anything wrong?

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""
3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chrysostomos,

That's probably because the filename is not correct. It should be "UCSInstall_UCOS_9.0.1.10000-37.sgn.iso". Rename it and try again.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

View solution in original post

Glad I could help :-)

As for the licensing query, here is a link for FAQs on ELM:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-27483#Q_Is_a_permanent_Internet_connection_needed_for_licensing_or_can_I_do_this_via_temporary_connection_and_cut_the_connection_once_ELM_has_connected_with_Cisco

• Pre-9.0 Licenses can be migrated using ELM.
  • Upon registration, products who have been upgrade from pre-9.0 will report DLUs to ELM for migration to 9.0 licenses.
  • Based on reported license 9.0 usage and available DLUs, the customer can use a migration tool to decide how to best utilize DLUs to best satisfy current license demands. 
  • Generate a License Migration Request
  • Go to the License Migration Portal and paste in the License Migration Request in order to receive your license file via e-mail.
  • Install the licenses at ELM.

HTH. Please rate if helpful.

Regards,

Harmit.

Hi Chrysostomos,

As per that FAQ link:

Q: Can customers download ELM separately? If yes, from where?

A: It comes as a part of CUCM 9.x Media. During installation you can choose if you want it to be CUCM and ELM, or only ELM.

Q: I am still not clear on the ELM part. Is it going to be a separate server that runs apart from publisher and subscriber?

A: You can have it as a separate stand along server, or you can co-host with one of your CUCM servers.

During the installation, If you choose the option to install "Call Manager", ELM gets installed as a Co-Resident ELM.

If you choose the option of ELM install, then Standalone ELM will be installed.

Yes, it is mandotory to have an ELM server (standalone or co-resident) starting version 9.0 as the licensing architecture has changed. Follow the steps I provided to be able to migrate your DLUs to ELM. Here is the link for the License Migration Portel:

https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/migrateDisplayProducts

Regards,

Harmit.

5 Replies 5

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chrysostomos,

That's probably because the filename is not correct. It should be "UCSInstall_UCOS_9.0.1.10000-37.sgn.iso". Rename it and try again.

HTH.

Regards,

Harmit.

Oups ,

gread

Thank you harmit

I have downloaded from cisco , and i didnt noticed that the name it was not correct

Thank you again

One another question about the license for version 9

The server must have an access to the internet for the migration

Or is a locally Procedure

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

Glad I could help :-)

As for the licensing query, here is a link for FAQs on ELM:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-27483#Q_Is_a_permanent_Internet_connection_needed_for_licensing_or_can_I_do_this_via_temporary_connection_and_cut_the_connection_once_ELM_has_connected_with_Cisco

• Pre-9.0 Licenses can be migrated using ELM.
  • Upon registration, products who have been upgrade from pre-9.0 will report DLUs to ELM for migration to 9.0 licenses.
  • Based on reported license 9.0 usage and available DLUs, the customer can use a migration tool to decide how to best utilize DLUs to best satisfy current license demands. 
  • Generate a License Migration Request
  • Go to the License Migration Portal and paste in the License Migration Request in order to receive your license file via e-mail.
  • Install the licenses at ELM.

Regards,

Harmit.

Hi

Harmit thank you for the replyies

Are very usufull

But i get very confused

For version 9 i have to install ELM in a separate server?

Does this neccesary?

How can Generate a License Migration Request

WHERE IS This portal?

Thnak you in advance

Hi Chrysostomos,

As per that FAQ link:

Q: Can customers download ELM separately? If yes, from where?

A: It comes as a part of CUCM 9.x Media. During installation you can choose if you want it to be CUCM and ELM, or only ELM.

Q: I am still not clear on the ELM part. Is it going to be a separate server that runs apart from publisher and subscriber?

A: You can have it as a separate stand along server, or you can co-host with one of your CUCM servers.

During the installation, If you choose the option to install "Call Manager", ELM gets installed as a Co-Resident ELM.

If you choose the option of ELM install, then Standalone ELM will be installed.

Yes, it is mandotory to have an ELM server (standalone or co-resident) starting version 9.0 as the licensing architecture has changed. Follow the steps I provided to be able to migrate your DLUs to ELM. Here is the link for the License Migration Portel:

https://tools.cisco.com/SWIFT/LicensingUI/migrateDisplayProducts

Regards,

Harmit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: