Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade CUCM 10.5 to 11.5

hi dear,

i want to upgrade our cucm from 10.5, to 11.5, the scenario is

we install new cucm 11.5 , so we will have 2 cucm different version running in different server and IP.

and we will install it with PCD.

the question is, how the new cucm get all settings in old cucm?

please help

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

PCD will do that automatically when you use the migrate option, it will restore the complete configuration of the old CUCM in the new one.

HTH
Rajan

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi Alpert,

In PCD, follow the migration procedure to migrate the old CUCM to the server where you want the new one. During this process PCD will export and import all the configuration to the new one and you also have an option to change the IP address. Once this is up and running, you can initiate upgrade of the migrated CUCM (new one) to 11.5.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/11_0_1/CUCM_BK_PB6D9005_00_pcd-administration-guide-110/cisco_prime_collaboration_deployment_features.html

You need to point all the endpoints to the corresponding CUCM IPs for them to register as per the requirement.

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate all useful posts

hai Raj,

thanks for the replied,

let me explain again, so, i will upgrade my cucm, but the way is, i ll install new one cucm 11.5, and import all user in cucm 10.5 building by building, or one by one, i dont want upgrade the old cucm, in other words i want to use or install cucm 11.5 but the settings use the old CUCM.

please let me know if you get the point.

thanks

Hi Alpert,

I guess you want to keep the old cucm in 10.5 version and a new one 11.5 version with all the settings from 10.5. Right ?

For exporting and importing data, the version needs to be same. Hence you can migrate the existing 10.5 CUCM to a new server where it will also get all the settings & configurations from the existing server. Then upgrade only the new one to 11.5. the old one will remain in 10.5 version.

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate all useful posts by clicking the star below

hi raj,

right,

can i restore all backup data from old to the new one?

or there are no other way to get data from old to import to new cucm?

or i must make it all setting manually?

thanks

PCD will do that automatically when you use the migrate option, it will restore the complete configuration of the old CUCM in the new one.

HTH
Rajan

oke thank raj for the answer.

i will follow your suggestion to copy the old to new server and upgrade it use PCD.

Watch this and it will clear things our for you, as it seems you don't understand how a PCD migration works.

You can do all you want in a single step:

https://youtu.be/2C_gy_XmBmE

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: