Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade cucm 10.5 to 11.6 phone firmware questions

iptuser55
Level 6
Level 6
Spoiler

I'm doing a upgrade from 1..5 to 11.6 but looking to keep the phone firmware loads of the 10.5 when we upgrade to 11.6 so we do not have to do any phone upgrades on the weekend. I'm looking to do the phone upgrade post sw upgrade. Has anyone done this, any firmware issues the two. Or is there a url I can go to to show the min phone firmware which 11.6 can use as well

Thanks 

5 Replies 5

My recommendation would be to do this in the reverse order. Update the phone firmware to match the version of the CUCM you will upgrade to and then upgrade CUCM. This way you have the phones on the version the CUCM has before you start with the upgrade of it.

Response Signature

HI,

Also you have to make sure that in your 10.5 call manager the phones which are registered are not depreciated in call manager 11.6.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/11_5_1/fieldNotice/cucm_b_fn-deprecated-phone-models-1151.html

Regards

The phones are all good, it is just firmware I need to check. Can anyone point me to the firmware page for 11.5 as I dont seem to be able to locate it. I can see the phone support but not the firmware

Thanks 

Have you checked the release notes or upgrade guide for the CUCM version you plan to upgrade to? In this you should find what version of each phone firmware that is include.

Response Signature