cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade cucm to 8.5 9971 issue

is_mail123
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded cucm to 8.5 and used the bridge upgrade , and successfully restored and all the other phone types are registered and working fine except the cisco 9971 phone

i think it is the issue with the itl certicate from the tftp

and the tftp is also not accessible i can't download any file from the tftp through sftp of cli

please need help.

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What version did you upgrade from and what steps did you use?

What is the status log on the phone saying?

Chris

upgrade from 6.1.3 ----> 6.1.5 ----> 8.5.1 

Tftp error: SEP.cnf.xml

DNS time out

there is no ITL file installed.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You mentioned bridged upgrade. Have you moved to newer hardware or are you still on the hardware only supported in bridged fashion?

There was defect ID CSCtn50405 where the certificate private keys were not backed up by DRS and would break ITL trust post-upgrade. If the version you took the backup from is not fixed there is a workaround: Get TAC to root into the box and manually export the certificate private keys. They can then manually upload those to the new box and restart services. When I had to go through this the only people who knew how were the DEs in India.

Lastly, the 8900/9900 series phones do not download firmware through TFTP. They use HTTP over port 6970. This means that tomcat must be running.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.