Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade error

Hi All,

I was upgrading my CUCM to 8.5 t o 9.1. I am done with ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.2.cop.sgn file installation. I started the upgrade through Install/Upgrade GUI and I got bit delayed in taking the DVD out after finishing the loading from DVD so the server started booting up from the DVD and reached the media check screen. I took the DVD out and rebooted the server and got the below error.

"The partition table on device sda ( Unigen PQS800 7640 MB ) was unreadable.  To create new partition it must be initialized, causing the loss of ALL DATA on this drive.  The operation will override any previous installation choices about wich drives to ignore.  Would you like to initialize this drive, erasing ALL DATA."

Can you suggest what is this error?

Thanks,

Lajith P

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Just to confirm if this is a virtual environment? The .cop you mentioned now is at v1.3 which might be needed.. Also check if it is necessary to apply  ciscocm.vmware-disk-size-reallocation-1.0.cop (if virtual deployment) they are all available on the Call Manager 9.1 utilities download section.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

TAC should help you. There seems some issue in reading the inactive partition..

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Just to confirm if this is a virtual environment? The .cop you mentioned now is at v1.3 which might be needed.. Also check if it is necessary to apply  ciscocm.vmware-disk-size-reallocation-1.0.cop (if virtual deployment) they are all available on the Call Manager 9.1 utilities download section.

Brian Meade
Level 7
Level 7

You should try using the recovery CD to switch back to the inactive partition if possible then run the upgrade process again.

There was yes / no option to choose and I chose No option. Upgrade finished with success. The problem was there was an usb stick / sda device present in the system. Either we can remove the sda device and reboot the system or we can continue with "no" option.

No. The cucm runs on MCS 7845H3.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: