cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade estimates for UC Applications 8.X latest to 9.1.1 ? Previous expereience with time?

BRIAN WYLAND
Level 1
Level 1

I have done a few 9.1 FRESH installs but I have two clients that are upgrading from 8.X to the newst 9.1 for CCM, UC, CUPS, CER and UCXX.

Does anyone have expereince upgrading about a 400 phone Call Manager/Unity Connection 8.6.2 install to 9.1.1? 

Also they have CUPS 8.6 and CER 8.5 and UCCX 8.5 that I need to upgrade also.

Any replies with previous 8.X to 9.1 upgrade times would be great just to get an average.

I kicked off an upgade on my lab C200 of our 8.6.1 NFR to 9.1.1 about 3.5 hours ago and it looks like its wrapping up the install but it still has to reboot and move the data over if its like previous upgrades.

Thanks,

Brian Wyland

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

These are all pretty straight forward upgrades if you follow the documentation. As you probably know with 9.1 you will need to use ELM for licensing CUCM and UCXN, that adds 30 minutes or so to configure ELM and then perform license upgrade. You can install ELM as a standalone or it automatically installs on CUCM/UCXN so you can use the instance installed on UCXN to license both UCXN and CUCM.

CUPS will need to be reconfigured slighly as all the end user configuration has been moved to CUCM in version 9, so you'll need to build UC service and service profiles, etc.

Are you performing the upgrade on new hardware or existing hardware? Assuming existing I would estimate the upgrade times as 2-3 hours per server, though some of them can be upgraded concurrently.  Keep in mind that phone firmware will upgrade as well so give yourself some time to ensure all phones upgraded properly.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

These are all pretty straight forward upgrades if you follow the documentation. As you probably know with 9.1 you will need to use ELM for licensing CUCM and UCXN, that adds 30 minutes or so to configure ELM and then perform license upgrade. You can install ELM as a standalone or it automatically installs on CUCM/UCXN so you can use the instance installed on UCXN to license both UCXN and CUCM.

CUPS will need to be reconfigured slighly as all the end user configuration has been moved to CUCM in version 9, so you'll need to build UC service and service profiles, etc.

Are you performing the upgrade on new hardware or existing hardware? Assuming existing I would estimate the upgrade times as 2-3 hours per server, though some of them can be upgraded concurrently.  Keep in mind that phone firmware will upgrade as well so give yourself some time to ensure all phones upgraded properly.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

I have a question regard the upgrade procedure and roll back.

When we do an upgrade to version 9.1, can we switch version back to verison 8.5 as a roll back procedure ?

Regards

Anas