Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade from 8.02 to 8.51 Install Fails

fkramarski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am trying to upgrade my single server UCM from 8.02 to 8.5.1 (using UCSInstall_UCOS_8.5.1.11900-21.sgn.iso) and am encountering an error.  The error that appears is: Error encountered: The requested command [{0}] did not generate the appropriate results file. The process results could not be determined.

The install then stalls.  I am having trouble finding any information with regards to this issue.

I have also included a text file of the install log.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx...Frank

4 Replies 4

Hi Frank,

I had a  quick look at the upgrade file.

I see that the installation halted while the system was trying to write something on the iactive partition (partB)

Maybe that partition went to read only mode ?

Do you see any warnings / error messages when you login to CLI ?

Can you verify that the servives are all up and running ?

Maybe you can give CUCM a reboot and try again ?

HTH,

Christos

Hi Christos,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I forgot to include this on the original post.

When the install failed and showed the error message on the web interface, the CLI had a repeating scrolling error:  EXT3-FS ERROR (Device.SDA6) in Start_Transaction: Journal has been aborted.

Thank you for your time.

Thanx...Frank

Hi Frank,

Can you check the following defect and see if it is a match ?

CSCti52867

If it is then this link will probably help you

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-12955

Regards,

Christos

Hi Christos,

Thank you for the reply.

I read through the link you provided and I'm not sure there is a match for the description.  I am running a different server than whats mentioned in the CSCti52867 note.  I have a single server MCS7825H2 and the firmware for the drives being used is AJL.  The system functions fine without throwing the error previously mentioned except when it fails the upgrade process.  That only time I have seen that error is after the upgrade fails.

I have tried to run the upgrade again and get the same result.  The other odd thing is now I only have one version on the system.  I no longer have the option to switch to an inactive version as there is only one available. It appears something has been corrupted during the upgrade process.  I am thinking the best course of action might be a fresh install.  I would only look at this as a last resort but I am not sure what other options I have.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanx again...Frank