cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade using PCD

mark.carroll
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I wish to upgrade my callmanager and CUP cluster using pcd, Im finding the documentation a little confusing. i wish to go from ver 8.6 to10.5.

I just want to confirm I have the correct files in the upgrade folder of pcd

I have Bootable_UCSInstall_UCOS_10.5.1.10000-7.sgn.iso and Bootable_UCSInstall_CUP_10.5.1.10000-9.sgn.iso

initially i had thought I needed the ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.5.cop.sgn file

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you performing the upgrade on the same hardware or new hardware? If same hardware you don't need bootable ISO's, the cop file is only needed if you go from 8.5 and older.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Are you performing the upgrade on the same hardware or new hardware? If same hardware you don't need bootable ISO's, the cop file is only needed if you go from 8.5 and older.

thanks guys

ok so i dont need the refresh cop, hard ware will be the same. I havent used pcd before so im a little worried as to the outcome, what exact files should I have?

The same files you would use for the regular upgrade directly in CUCM/CUPS, are the ones that you will use with PCD, the bootable images you got only work with migration in PCD.

Make sure to read the RNs, upgrade guide, and new and changed doc for all the necessary changes and special requirements for the upgrade.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mark,

You would not require the "Refresh.cop" as you are upgrading from CUCM 8.6 not a pre-8.6 version;

Refresh Upgrade COP File v1.5

Release Notes version 1
September 10, 2014

Problem Description
To upgrade from Release 8.5(x) or earlier to Release 8.6(x) or later, you must apply this patch 
before initiating the upgrade. Some 8.5(x) or earlier ES/SU versions already contain all the changes  that are delivered by this patch and do not require this patch. The refresh upgrade COP file delivers  changes to the user experience on the CLI and GUI that are related to a refresh upgrade, and basic  functionality needed to support refresh upgrades. Refresh upgrade is a new feature in 8.6(x) that  allows upgrades between incompatible OS versions. 

From;

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282204704/18582/ciscocm.refresh_upgrade_v1.5.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

PS: +5 to my buddy Chris for beating me to the punch and for his great tips here!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: