cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrade version for MX 800,700

Omar Aljaberi
Level 1
Level 1

am trying to install the software via the MX800 web interface. I have downloaded the file from Cisco support website however each time I hit "Install Software" the file uploads and then it is stuck at "Uploading software, please wait...". I have rebooted the MX800. I have tried the CE 8.1.1 software and the 8.1.1 software but the same thing happens. Any suggestions?

I  receive this massage in we interface after try install new version :

The provided software file is not valid. It might be corrupted, or of an incorrect type

2 Replies 2

Hi,

You will not be able to upgrade the CE image on your TP endpoint from the device webpage. you should perform via UCM if it registered with UCM.

Please specify the current version of the software on your MX800 and where it is registered. 

Regards,

Shalid

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I would agree with Shalid, you need to upload the firmware to the CUCM (if the endpoint registers to CUCM) and proceed with the firmware upgrade, accordingly:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/213288-upgrade-ip-phone-firmware-individually.html

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: