Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgraded to Unrestricted

Ayaz Khan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I did an upgrade yesterday to CUCM 8.6su1 and accidently used the unrestricted version.  It is installed on VM.  Is there any way to revert these changes, I have been told that it is permanent.

Thanks,

Ayaz

3 Replies 3

l.checkon
Level 1
Level 1

You could build a new ccm box in vm. Hopefully you took a backup before the upgrade just upgrade to your previous version and then run the restore. You can not revert the current box back.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Looking at the relaese notes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/8_6_2/cucm-rel_notes-862a.html#wp1944944

Caution If you upgrade to the U.S. export unrestricted version of Cisco Unified Communications Manager, you will not be able to later upgrade to or be able to perform a fresh install of the U.S. export restricted version of this software. Note that IP phone security configurations will be modified to disable signaling and media encryption (including encryption provided by the VPN phone feature).

Perhaps you still have the backup prior to the upgrade.

Build a new VM and restore the back up

Regards

Alex

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

I opened a tac case, they were replicated the scenario in their lab and were able to revert back to the ristricted version, then upgrade to another ristricted version.  I succussfully reverted and upgraded to a resticted version on produciton envirionment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: