Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrades

Hello, I am new to Cisco and was wondering of i could get some hel with upgrade paths as i have multiple systems to upgrade but they all have to be done in an order. Also what types of issues may i face when doing these. I have CUCM version 10.5.2.10000-5 , Unity 10.5.2 10000-5, and Im 7 presense version 10.5.2 10000-5, I also have a CCX versiopn 11.6.2 in the mix but was not asked to upgrade that one. Any info would be appriciated.

5 Replies 5

Upadte i would like to goo to version 12 or 11.6 at the very least.

Mandatory reading regardless of what upgrade path you choose, all for target version 

A) Upgrade and migration guide
B) Release Notes 
C) Compatibility matrix (depending on product might be a standalone doc, or within any of the other docs I mention) 
D) README from ova
E) HW/ESXi compatibility 

After reading all of the above, you'll have all the information to plan the upgrade. 

In you have never performed an upgrade, I would STRONGLY suggest that you reach out to a reputable consultant or a Cisco Partner WITH voice specializations for assistance with the task.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

There is an abundance of information on the Cisco site, so much so one cannot find the documentation for all the documentation!

It would be super if the version upgrade guide contained a pointer to exactly the required documents of:

A) Upgrade and migration guide
B) Release Notes
C) Compatibility matrix
D) README from ova
E) HW/ESXi compatibility

if they exist.

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

As already noted you need to look at the documentation for compatibility information.  In general you would need to upgrade CUCM and IM&P as one operation,  Unity Connection is usually compatible with different versions of CUCM so could be done before or after CUCM (but check for your exact versions).  For CCX check compatibility with your intended CUCM version.

If you want to go to 12, then it should be 12.5 as that's the longer term versions.

Don't forget to check phone loads, and I prefer to get these upgraded in advance otherwise as some stage during the CUCM upgrade process you'll suddenly have all your phones out of service loading their new software.  Doing it beforehand you can plan and run batch upgrades out of hours.

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

Aside from what others have mentioned, with an upgrade from 10 to 12.x you are going to move to smart licensing.  So you need to make sure you have your licensing in order prior to the upgrade.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: