cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrading cucm cluster

Gilberto Marcos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone. I am facing an issue right now. The last weekend we upgrade our customer cucm cluster.

The cluster has 7 servers but finally we were able to upgrade 5 of the 7. 2 of them failed. I remove the servers from the publisher and turn them off. We need to reinstall the two servers but we do not have the bootable media at wich the cluster finally is working now. I am wondering if it is possible to install a 7.1.3 or another cucm version and after that upgrade to 8.6.2.22900-9.

Does any one has done this.?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Great, please mark the question as answered, unless you have further questions.

Chris

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can perform upgrade during the install, so obtain bootable media that is directly upgradeble to 8.6.2.22900-9, during the installation you will be asked if you want to perform an upgrade, answer yes and use the 8.6.2.22900-9 version.

HTH,

Chris

Thank you for the answer.

Do you know if this can affect the normal operation of the cluster?

Yes, as of CUCM 8.6 adding new servers to the cluster will cause all phones to reboot. Also, keep in mind that version 8.6 requires upgrade .cop for Red Hat refresh, so you will most likely need any 8.6 bootable version to start with.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

The phones that will rebooted are all the phones registered to the other servers? .

Eventhough this servers will not have any phones registered on them?.

And if this reboot happen at what time do this will?,

Regards.

No, all phones. Check out release notes:

CSCub12922 Adding a new subscriber causes device reset

When you add a new node to an existing cluster, all phones that are registered to the cluster are reset

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/8_5_1/cucm-rel_notes-851.html#wp1957141

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Thank you for your help.

Great, please mark the question as answered, unless you have further questions.

Chris

Hello Chris,

About this bug, are you aware if fix applied in any release? Cisco never stated about the fix on which release. I want to understand ,is this going to be the case of reset everytime we add subscriber? Even if we upgrade 9.1.2?

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCub12922/?reffering_site=dumpcr

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: