cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrading ip phone load file using laptop as tftp server

abhasjain
Level 1
Level 1

Can IP phone load file be upgraded without connecting it to CCM & using laptop as tftp? If yes what is the procedure?

Thanks,

Abhas Jain

3 Replies 3

Chad Stachowicz
Level 6
Level 6

I am unaware of a way to do so, but if someone magically achieves it that would be spectacular. Can I ask why?

Thanks,

Chad

Yes, discussed many times, if you have the files on a PC with TFTP/DHCP, the phone can upgrade from there.

i have just basically done this, rolled out 1000 phones globally connected back to a cluster in UK. All the phones are 7965 and it was taking an age to upgrade the phones sometimes upto 45 minutes even though at most sites we had upto 10 mbps MPLS. I used 2 methods, first i build a VM on my laptop and added the required version of firmware we had on the cluster, worked a treat and the phone booted fine, obviously just change the option 150 dhcp information while you upgrade. The other way is the new peer to peer upgrade method you set this on a local phone. hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: